Whether you choose to use this display for your cake, a mini bar, or a program station, this simple project will catch the eyes of so many guests and make for wonderful detail photos!
- Round Wood Table Top
- Tape Measure
- Wood Stain
- Power Drill and Bit
- For $5 at Home Depot, pick up a ___” round board.
- Measure and mark three points evenly around the edge of the board, this is where the rope will tie in.
- Drill a hole through the board at each mark making sure that your bit and rope are a similar size to avoid having the rope slip through.
- Stain the board to create a fresh and rustic look and then clear coat it with matte Polycrylic Protective Finish, once it has dried overnight. This will help to preserve the look but mask that stain smell.
- Based on where you plan to hang your cake display, you will want to be sure you attached the rope correctly. We chose to knot a separate piece of rope for each hole starting underneath the base. From there we connected all three around the tree branch with one final fancy knot.