Get all your guests seated easily with this DIY table runner instead of place cards or simply as a fun idea. Great for rehearsal dinner!
- 30lb Kraft Paper Roll
- Drafting Compass
- Permanent Marker
- Measuring Tape
- Paper Plates and Silverware
1. Measure your table and cut a piece of kraft paper accordingly. (If you decide to have the paper hang over the table slightly on the ends, be sure to accommodate that length.)
2. Decide on the amount of guests you will be seating at each table. You will need to know this in order to evenly draw each “plate” on the kraft paper. Once you know, measure and make pencil marks where the center of the plate will be.
3. Now that your marks are in place, with the first place setting, set your compass on your center dot and draw the plate at 8.25” and then retrace with the permanent marker.
4. Next, draw your silverware. (i cheated and traced a set in pencil first) Repeat for each place setting.
5. Once complete, go back to your first setting and begin writing in the names of each guest. I usually do this in pencil and then trace over in marker. Repeat for all guests.
6. Head back over to the first place setting and lightly erase any measurement or name marks.
7. Now that it’s all complete, it’s time to take care of it! Flip your design over carefully and roll it up loosely and keep in a safe space. I keep mine in the ‘under the bed’ totes until the event!