There is always a lot of direction on HOW TO send out wedding invitations, the correct etiquette, who to invite, etc., but not much information on how to RESPOND to invitations. Here is a quick snapshot that any guest can reference at their convenience! Hope this helps!
- First duty as a guest — respond promptly to any wedding invitation
- Be clear on who is invited (who the invitation is addressed to) and respond accordingly for each person, see examples below!
- “The Taylor Family” (the entire family is invited – yay!) So RSVP for each person, if 3 people from the family can attend, write “3” on the card — and write the names of the guest(s) that WILL BE attending on the RSVP card and send back.
- “Mr. and Mrs. Taylor” (date night! the two of you are invited) So RSVP for you and your partner, write the number attending — and write the names of the guest(s) that WILL BE attending on the RSVP card and send back.
- “Mr. Taylor” (going SOLO, how fun!) So RSVP for yourself, and write your name.
- Be sure to attend if you have previously responded that you are coming! Weddings are expensive and the bride and groom have planned for you to be there! 🙂 Go have some fun and enjoy!
With spring wedding season quickly approaching, it is always helpful to have reference guides for this sort of thing….it can sometimes be tricky! Again, I hope this helps!
PS — Don’t forget to dance the night away!!