While it is hard to pinpoint exactly where and how the tradition originated, it is fair to say that many brides are tossing the idea of the ring bearer pillow.
This simple design is easy to do with just a few materials and about an hour of your time! Read ahead to get step by step directions and gaze at the final product in action!
– Small Wood Stump
– Table Vise
– Hand Saw
– Power Drill & Forstner Bit (base bit size on ring size)
– Mini Hinge
– Wood Burning Pen/Stamps
– Using a table vise, secure the stump in place leaving half of the stump accessible.
– With a Hand Saw begin by making a 1.5″ slice for the lid. We chose to use a hand saw to make sure we have control over the round shape.
– Keeping the stump in the grip of the table vice, drill a flat bottom hole into the base of the stump using the power drill and forstner bit.
– Be sure to keep you hand steady and the drill level to avoid a slip of the bit.
Burn your initials or wedding date onto the inside of the lid
– Line up the base and the lid to determine the best location for the hinge.
– Secure the hinge with screws provided
On the day of your wedding, add greenery or small florals to brighten up the ring box as your ring bearer or groomsmen walks down the aisle.