Now that everyone knows we’re engaged and the planning has begun, I want to start sharing some of the behind the scene activities! We’ll be sharing some of our planning tips (what we’re learning along the way), DIY tutorials, and fun stories as we take this amazing journey to May 6, 2017!
First, just a little back story. Dan and I met at a mutual friends Cinco De Mayo party in 2012 right before I graduated college. To this day, we (embarrassing enough) always forget our real dating anniversary, however we always remember that special day on May 5, 2012. When it came time to plan our wedding, our date was a no brainer… the 5th is on a Friday so that will be our Cinco De Mayo rehearsal dinner and our wedding will be the Saturday. We plan to have a lot of our “story” told in many different ways around our reception and I can’t wait to share them!
Now that you know the quick version of our story, it’s time to share our first DIY project – our bridesmaid proposals! These bouquet charms were so easy and so fun to make, simply follow along below!
- Twisted Jewelry Wire (Michaels)
- Wire Cutters
- Charms matching your wedding colors (Etsy)
- Initial Charms (Etsy)
- Jewelry Gift Boxes (Michaels)
- Crinkle Paper (Michaels)
- Mini Envelopes
- Envelope Stickers (optional)
- Cut a length of wire (a little longer than the width of the predicted bouquet).
- Thread each charm onto the wire and create a circle to then wrap and close off the circle.
- You don’t want to twist the knot of wires tightly as you will need to unwrap and attached the the bridesmaid bouquets on the day of your wedding!
- Put together your gift box with crinkle paper and place in your bouquet charm.
- Seal the box with a twine or ribbon
- Write a nice letter for inside the envelope or write your proposal on the envelop and seal
We hope you love this look and we know your bridesmaids will!
Good Luck and Happy DIY!