Today I wanted to share with you the question I am asked most often – “Where do I start?”
You probably have a Pinterest board full of scattered ideas and a color theme in mind, but it’s the steps to follow where brides get stuck. Whether you have other vendors booked yet or not, these tips will help you organize some of those Pinterest ideas!
Here are a few different ways to look at starting a design.
- Design by color. Look at the wedding decor you already have OR the design of your venue. This will give you a starting point to know what colors may not work and allow you to get closer to those core color decisions.
- Tip: Don’t stress about having a “set pallet”. Choose your core colors, patterns and metals and allow any additional colors to be introduced organically as you design.
- Start with the focal point in the room. What is the largest item that will draw the most attention? Choose that one thing and design around it. (ex. Ceremony Arbor)
- Think about the wood finish or color so you can determine which metals and colors to accent with.
- Add height variations. We suggest a minimum of 3 levels.
- Determine if that one piece can be used for multiple purposes. For instance, your ceremony backdrop can be moved behind your sweetheart table! (BOOM!)
- Think about what inspires you. Are you wearing your grandmother’s ring or getting married on your families farm. These details will make an impact on your overall style.
- Vintage / Chic
- Colorful / Whimsical
At your initial meeting with our team we will walk you through the steps of creating a cohesive wedding design and choosing the right decor for you. Whether we meet in our Cary or Wake Forest locations or grab lunch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Lauren Love Photography | The Merrimon-Wynne House | Raleigh, NC | Homemade Bride